[ESS] ess and emacs interaction problem

markleeds at verizon.net markleeds at verizon.net
Mon Jul 12 06:24:24 CEST 2010

   Hi  Vincent: As far as I can tell, not setting the value of HOME in my
   control panel/system/advanced setting sequence was the problem.
   The reason I think this is because , when I didn't have it set, my .emacs
   file ( as far as I could tell ) wasn't getting read ( because of the weird
   scrolling behavior ) .
   Then, as soon as I set it to %USERPROFILE", everything was fine.
   Still, if you want me to test anything out for you, let me know and I can do
   that tomorrow for sure. It's on my laptop
   which i'm not using to write this and I'm about to go to bed now because I
   helped a friend move and I'm fried.