[ESS] ESS Editing Mode

Kasper Daniel Hansen khansen at stat.berkeley.edu
Thu Jan 14 16:31:43 CET 2010

On Jan 14, 2010, at 9:50 AM, Rodney Sparapani wrote:

> On 01/13/10 05:21 PM, David Neu wrote:
>> Hi Stephen,
>>
>> Thanks for the response.
>>
>>> what advantage would you see to not loading ess inferior code? Speed up
>>> in load time?
>> I'm not currently using the ess inferior mode, but am using the
>> editing mode, and I'd like to use the key sequences related ess
>> inferior mode for other things.

I don't get this, why don't you just overwrite the keys, something like

(add-hook 'inferior-ess-mode-hook
          (lambda ()
            (define-key inferior-ess-mode-map [(hyper n)] 'comint-next-input)
            (define-key inferior-ess-mode-map [(hyper p)] 'comint-previous-input)
            (define-key inferior-ess-mode-map "\C-a"
              (lambda ()
                (interactive)
                (comint-show-maximum-output)
                (goto-char (comint-line-beginning-position))))
            ))

Kasper