[ESS] Please evaluate my Wiki work to create CategoryESS

Paul Johnson pauljohn32 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 03:37:35 CET 2010

The Emacs wiki is more vague on authorship and control than some other
Wiki I've used.  It is not apparent to me who is actually "in charge",
and I don't want to step on anybody's toes.  I believe this revision
is a good thing, but I've only invested about 80 minutes at it and
won't mind if the collective ESS mind doesn't endorse it.  Basically,
I wish there were some "show of hands" in favor of this new thing.

Before, you had:

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/EmacsSpeaksStatistics

That is a single page of tips people had pasted in and it was not
integrated with the Wiki's Site information "Category" system.  At the
top of it, I put in a note that "this page is being migrated"

I propose instead to present the same, but in a re-labeled & outlined way as:

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/CategoryESS

Which is basically a table of contents that links off to separate
pages.  I've created pages for the items on the old Wiki that I could
understand, for some I did not know the authors or understand very
well what they were aiming to do, but I created the pages.

--
Paul E. Johnson
Professor, Political Science