[ESS] Just plugged Win-Emacs info into your Wiki

Stephen Eglen S.J.Eglen at damtp.cam.ac.uk
Thu Feb 11 23:08:09 CET 2010

Rodney Sparapani <rsparapa at mcw.edu> wrote:

> On 02/11/10 01:05 PM, Paul Johnson wrote:
> > I just uploaded some advice I've been collecting:
> >
> > MS Windows Users: Get Started with Emacs, ESS, and R
> >
> > http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/EmacsSpeaksStatistics
> >

> Great!
>
> > Anybody going to try to help keep that content organized?  Rather than
> > have everything get pasted into the main page, an administrator
> > probably should try to create some hierarchy and separate tips like
> > mine should be linked pages. I'd do that, except I'm not famiiliar
> > with this particular Wiki software.
> > pj
> >

> Good point.  However, I don't see how to create a new Content item.
> I guess Wikis are no panacea after all.

Paul, Rodney:
are you asking how to create new pages?  If so, all you do is visit a
URL with the name of the new page.  e.g. I just visited the page:
  http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/EmacsSpeaksStatisticsFAQ

which it then said didn't exist, but I could just create.  I don't have
any special admin rights, so think anyone can do it.  (that page now
exists, awaiting FAQ!)

pages can always be re-ordered, but is there any sense in thinking ahead
of what different pages might be desired?

Stephen