[ESS] Combining sweave and pdflatex into one helper function

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Dec 28 19:50:44 CET 2010

Stephen Eglen <S.J.Eglen <at> damtp.cam.ac.uk> writes:
> >   (defun edd-sweave ()
> >     "Run sweave and pdflatex"
> >     (interactice)
>
> there's a typo above: interactive

Indeed.  That was a last-minute addition.  Thanks for catching that!

Now I can half the posted function. Sweaving happens, but then I get

  ess-error: ESS process not ready. Finish your command before trying again.

which is not entirely truthful as my ESS buffer seems quite chipper. *Messages*
shows nothing either.

What would I need to do to run both functions from my simple wrapper?

Dirk