[ESS] ess-tracebug

Rainer M Krug r.m.krug at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 10:25:38 CET 2010

On 12/03/2010 06:30 PM, Erik Iverson wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Norm's recent message to ESS-help about his edtdbg
> package made me recall an announcement [1] last month
> about the ess-tracebug project, found at:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/ess-tracebug/
>
> I'm having trouble following exactly what this ess-tracebug
> code is supposed to do. I can install it and activate it just
> fine, but getting something like the screenshots show has
> been elusive.  Has anyone succeeded in this?

Let's go through the screenshots:

1) (error_in_iess.png) :  no

2) (last_input_arrow.png) : no

3) (ess_traceback.png) : yes

4) (Debugging.png) : yes

Vitalie: would it be possible to upload a short .R file, which can be
used to reproduce the screenshots? That would make understanding the
add-on much easier.

By the way: just screenshot 4 is worth the extension.

Cheers,

Rainer

> I have activated ess-traceback and submit code from an R
> file that produces errors, but all I see are the 'fringe
> arrow', but no error line numbers.
>
> This project looks interesting, but can anyone tell me how
> to get results like the ones in the screenshots?
>
> I must admit I do not understand the section "The Work-Flow",
> so perhaps what I'm missing is because of that.
>
> Thanks,
> --Erik
>

> [1] https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/ess-help/2010-November/006489.html

- --