[ESS] send region with function call to R

Vitalie S. vitosmail at rambler.ru
Wed Oct 21 17:10:43 CEST 2009

On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 19:56:43 +0200, Erik Iverson <erikriverson at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 12:02 PM, Wesley Chen <tjneibor at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Dear ESS users,
>>
>> I am trying to write a function in .emacs to send region with function
>> call
>> to R. For example
>>
>> test = rbind(c(1,2,3),c(4,5,6)) ;
>>
>> Then I can highlight "test" and send a function call like
>>
>> str(test)
>>
>> to R using local keybinding .
>
> It's hard for me tell exactly what you want, but is this what you're
> looking for?
>
> http://blogisticreflections.wordpress.com/2009/10/01/r-object-tooltips-in-ess/
Very nice Erik, thanks.
One thing though, the tooltip pops up at mouse point, which could be
anywhere (in the other monitor, in my case, which is turned off). Also
there is no way to make the tooltip to disappear before the 3secs, or so,
have elapsed.
  How about having the output in the minibufer?

Thanks,
Vitalie.