[ESS] "Emacs + ESS + R" installer

Stephen Eglen S.J.Eglen at damtp.cam.ac.uk
Wed Oct 7 15:41:35 CEST 2009

Frank Liu <frankcsliu at gmail.com> wrote:

> I and some students built an "Emacs + ESS + R" installer, which allows
> users to download and install the newest version of Emacs, ESS, and R
> with little pain.The size of the installer is about 8Mb.
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/emacs-for-r/
>
> Please feel free to give me comments and suggestions. Thank you.

sounds like a great idea - anything to reduce the barrier!  How does it
overlap/complement with what Vincent kindly provides:

http://vgoulet.act.ulaval.ca/en/ressources/emacs/

Installing that + R should get to the same position.  Vincent is
providing a great resource for win (and mac) users, and if there is
anyway of building on what he has done, it wuold be great.

Stephen