[ESS] ESS 5.5 released

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Wed Oct 7 11:12:03 CEST 2009

Dear ESS users,

I have released ESS 5.5, a few minutes ago,
and you can get it as usual from the 'Downloads' tab at
http://ESS.r-project.org/

It does not contain new features, but fixes some buglets,
including the recent issue
that enabling (non-emacs) HTML help for R
now does work by customizing the
inferior-ess-help-command variable to
    "help(\"%s\", htmlhelp=TRUE)\n"

either by explicitly ("old-fashioned") adding
    (setq inferior-ess-help-command   "help(\"%s\", htmlhelp=TRUE)\n")
to your ~/.emacs
or by going through emacs menus
    Options -> Customize -> "Specific Option.."

Please send feedback to all of ESS-help at .. (or to ESS-core at ...),
as I won't be online for a while from tomorrow night.

Martin Maechler, ETH Zurich