[ESS] ess-eval-chunk-and-go does not work as expected

svga at arcor.de svga at arcor.de
Tue Oct 6 13:54:17 CEST 2009

Dear list,

I use Emacs 23.1.1, ESS 5.4 and R 2.9.2 under Linux Ubuntu and Windows XP. I noticed that the command "ess-eval-region-and-go" and "ess-eval-chunk-and-go" does not work as under Emacs 22: When executing one of these two functions the cursor in the *R* process buffer does not always appear at the bottom, instead often the cursor appears in the middle of the buffer.  I haven't figure out a systematic here, but maybe some other users have observed a similar behavior.

Regards, Sven