[ESS] help needed installing emacs-ess on Windows 7

Daniel Nordlund djnordlund at verizon.net
Mon Nov 30 00:40:38 CET 2009

Well, I found that I can get the inferior R process to run by running the command M-x R.   My unsuccessful attempts were when using the R icon on the menu bar.  Emacs-ESS would open a window looking for a directory to run in, but I couldn't find anyway to specify the directory and couldn't proceed any further. I at least can now use Emacs-ESS to edit and run R scripts.

Dan

Daniel Nordlund
Bothell, WA USA