[ESS] ESS and SAS: From Windows PC to UNIX server

Paul Heinrich Dietrich paul.heinrich.dietrich at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 15:24:45 CET 2009

Hi,
I'm new and have figured out most things necessary, but cannot figure out
how to run a SAS job with ESS, either batch or interactive.  I have
Emacs+ESS on a Windows PC that does not have SAS PC, and I connect
successfully to a UNIX server that has SAS on it.  I can view a SAS file on
the server, and ESS correctly highlights the syntax.

How do I run a SAS job?

I've tried M-x SAS both before and after connecting to the UNIX server.
While viewing a SAS file, I've tried M-x SAS and most of my <f> function
keys.

I see in the ESS manual there's a problem with SAS on Windows, but I don't
have SAS on Windows?  What am I doing wrong?  Many thanks.