[ESS] ESS with Vista

spencerg spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Fri Mar 20 22:10:14 CET 2009

Dear Martin & Stephan:

      Thanks very much for the replies.

      Per your suggestions (and with further help from Sundar
Dorai-Raj), I added the following to ".emacs":

(global-set-key [(control tab)] "\C-xo") ;; C-tab switch buffers
(global-set-key "\C-cg" 'goto-line) ;; 'Ctrl-c g' jumps to a line number
(global-set-key "\C-cc" 'comment-region) ;; 'Ctrl-c c' comments a region
(global-set-key "\C-cr" 'replace-regexp)

      I'm not exactly certain what all this does, but it seems to have
fixed my immediate problems.  Moreover, your suggestions also
contributed to improving my general understanding of all this so it
should be easier for me to fix problems like this in the future.

      Thanks again,
      Spencer Graves