[ESS] ESS with Vista

spencerg spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Mon Mar 16 00:48:35 CET 2009

Hi, All:

      What is required to make "ctrl-tab" switch between buffers in
Emacs+ESS?  I get "<C-tab> is undefined".

      Also, what is required to get "Current Directory" to appear as the
default "File name" when clicking the "R" icon in a *.R buffer?  I
currently get a blank space.  When I type "Current Directory" in that
space, R opens normally.

      I'm encountering these problems after installing Emacs + ESS
following Vincent Gouet's instructions to the best of my ability under
Vista earlier today.  Neither of these problems occur for me using Emacs
+ ESS under Windows XP.  I can't see any substantive differences between
the "site-start.el" files on the two computers.

      Thanks,
      Spencer Graves