[ESS] font-lock-keywords-case-fold-search in BUGS mode

Stephen Eglen S.J.Eglen at damtp.cam.ac.uk
Mon Mar 9 17:45:25 CET 2009

S. McKay Curtis <smcurtis at stat.washington.edu> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have the following lines of code in my ".emacs" file
>
> (add-hook 'ess-bugs-mode-hook
>        '(lambda()
>           (setq font-lock-keywords-case-fold-search nil)
>           )
>        )
>
> But when I open a ".bug" file, the value of the variable
> "font-lock-keywords-case-fold-search" is still "t", even though I have
> added this hook to set it to "nil" (and even though its global value
> is "nil").  I am pretty sure that emacs goes into bugs mode when
> opening the .bug file, because the mode line reads "ESS[BUGS]".  Does
> anyone know why this variable isn't being set to "nil"?

This sounds like very similar to a problem reported in SAS mode a few
weeks ago.  Please can you send an example file and state what you
expect to be font locked, and how it appears for you.  (I ask for these
so that we can debug it!)

Please also tell us what version of ESS and what version Emacs you use.

Thanks, Stephen