[ESS] paragraph filling in R scripts

Vitalie S. vitosmail at rambler.ru
Mon Jun 15 14:45:27 CEST 2009

Hi Tyler,

On Sat, 13 Jun 2009 04:49:01 +0200, tyler <tyler.smith at mail.mcgill.ca>
wrote:

> I fixed this with the following lines from my .emacs, but patching
> essl-s.el would be cleaner.
>
> (defun my-ess-mode-hook ()
>   (setq paragraph-start
>         (concat paragraph-start
>                 "\\|.*<-\\|\\s +\\(while\\|if\\|else\\|for\\)")))
> (add-hook 'ess-mode-hook 'my-ess-mode-hook)

Thanks for this patch.
I am using quite extensively backward-paragraph type of functions to
navigate rapidly through my code. Now with your new regexprs my cursor
stops at each if/else/for line which hampers the navigation considerably.

Do you think the issue could be solved in some other way (say by replasing
fill-paragraph with ess-fill-paragraph)?

Otherwise I am afraid I would prefer not to have this additional regexp in
my default installation of ess.

Vitalie.