[ESS] ess-transcript-send-command-and-move

tyler tyler.smith at mail.mcgill.ca
Sat Jun 13 04:27:38 CEST 2009

Hi,

Just poking through the new files for 5.4, and I notice that
ess-transcript-send-command-and-move is still broken. I reported this
for 5.3.7, along with a possible fix:

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/ess-bugs/2008q1/000489.html

The proposed fix is pasted below. Either I'm the only one that uses this
feature in iess mode, or there's some other way around the problem that
everyone else is using. In any case, I've been using the patch below
since 5.3.7, and haven't had any more problems with this.

Cheers,

Tyler

tyler:ess-svn-> diff scratch/ess-trns.el lisp/ess-trns.el
34a35

234,246c235
<   ;;(ess-transcript-send-command) ;; This doesn't work properly
<   ;; custom code follows:
<   (let* ((proc (or ess-local-process-name
< 		   (ess-request-a-process "Evaluate into which process? " t)))
< 	 (ess-buf (get-ess-buffer proc)))
<     (setq ess-local-process-name proc)
<     (if (get-buffer-window ess-buf) nil
<       (display-buffer ess-buf t))
<     (let ((input (inferior-ess-get-old-input)))
<       (save-excursion
< 	(set-buffer ess-buf)
< 	(goto-char (point-max))
< 	(ess-eval-linewise input nil nil nil 1)))) ;; end of custom code
---