[ESS] Changing the configuration of font colors

John Maindonald john.maindonald at anu.edu.au
Sat Jun 6 06:15:33 CEST 2009

It took me quite a bit of searching, following clues provided by a
message from Rodney Sparapani, that I could do the following
to change the color scheme:

(require 'ess-site)
(require 'ess-font-lock)

In ESS under emacs, one does

<ESC>x M-x ess-font-lock- <RET> <RET>

Five choices then appear.  I rather like wheat.
Further choices can be added to the file ess-font-lock.el,
or existing choice(s) modified.

I could not find this stated in explicit detail anywhere.  I'd like
to see it added to the FAQ, and probably also to the section
about customizing emacs in the introductory document.
The default is unsatisfactory if one is using a computer
projector.

John Maindonald             email: john.maindonald at anu.edu.au
phone : +61 2 (6125)3473    fax  : +61 2(6125)5549
Centre for Mathematics & Its Applications, Room 1194,
John Dedman Mathematical Sciences Building (Building 27)
Australian National University, Canberra ACT 0200.