[ESS] disable _ to <- hot key

Seb spluque at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 06:46:11 CET 2009

On Sun, 22 Feb 2009 21:01:46 -0800,
Ron Burns <rrburns at cox.net> wrote:

> Perhaps this has been answered but I don't seem to able to set up a
> search for _ and <- that returns anything useful.

> I would like to disable the hotkey _ (i.e underscore: shift key with
> -/_) that inserts a <- and/or a hint how to efficiently type names
> with an embedded underscore character (e.g xxx_yy).

Type '_' twice and ESS will give you the requested underscore.  That's
surely better than disabling the shortcut entirely because one usually
needs "<-" way more frequently than an underscore, but IIUC there's a
variable that can easily be set via the customization interface if you
*really* want to do that.

--
Seb