[ESS] Skeleton pair insert not working after upgrade.

S. McKay Curtis smcurtis at stat.washington.edu
Fri Aug 28 06:19:07 CEST 2009

Marc,

Misery loves company, so I'm glad you were able to replicate my troubles!

I am having the problem on Windows XP.

I'm not an Emacs guru, but the file ess-mode.el contains this statement

  (define-key ess-mode-map "("  ;; allow to toggle after customization:
    (if ess-r-args-electric-paren 'ess-r-args-auto-show 'self-insert-command))

which looks like it redefines the parenthesis.  Do the lines of code
above negate what I have in my .emacs file?

Puzzled,
McKay