[ESS] ESC-Function in R - Where is it in ESS?

Friedericksen golum23 at gmx.de
Mon Apr 27 22:59:05 CEST 2009

Hey,

wow, thats good, so maybe you know a solution.
I'm after the data the loop has generated so far. The stupid thing is,
that it only returns the data, when the loop has finished, but I think
that would take weeks. So I searched for a solution to stop the loop
without loosing the data, and it is in normal R to press the ESC button.
  This seems to be somewhere else in Emacs with ESS. And also there  is
the problem of WinBUGS poping up the whole time and in this time, the R
process in Emacs is read only. :/

When I close winbugs manually, the loop will give an error and all data
is lost (I tried that before on another simulation). So... maybe you
know a solution?

I thought of slowing the system down with some other process, so that it
takes longer until WinBUGS starts again and I could use this time to run
some command in *R*. But the problem is then: Which command? (Where is
the ESC command?) :)

Or maybe you know some other solution :)

Greetings