[ESS] emacs freeze when use ess-display-help-on-object with remote buffer .

Rainer M Krug r.m.krug at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 14:45:57 CEST 2009

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 2:39 PM, Preecha Patumcharoinpol
<preecha150 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Whenever I use C-c C-v with the ess-remote, the emacs freeze.

Just to add to it: emacs also freezes (C-g brings it back) when using
ess-remote on the local machine (i.e.M-x shell --- R (start the R
process) ----M-x ess-remote  )

Rainer

> start emacs (X11)
> M-x shell
> login to remote computer with ssh
> R (start the R process)
> M-x ess-remote
>
> then type any command  and try to display a help ( like t.test then C-c C-v  press enter)
>
> the emacs always freeze at this point. Am I doing it right or missing something ?
>

> ##
> Ubuntu 9.04 ( I think this is irreverent since it's a problem in 8.10 too)
> emacs 22.21
> ess  5.3.12 Revision: 4058
> R 2.81
> ##
>
> thanks
> Preecha.

Rainer M. Krug, Centre of Excellence for Invasion Biology,
Stellenbosch University, South Africa