[ESS] Configuring up and down arrow keys

Steve_Friedman at nps.gov Steve_Friedman at nps.gov
Thu Apr 9 15:19:14 CEST 2009

Thanks,  that was fast.

Much appreciated.

Steve Friedman Ph. D.
Spatial Statistical Analyst
Everglades and Dry Tortugas National Park
950 N Krome Ave (3rd Floor)
Homestead, Florida 33034

Steve_Friedman at nps.gov
Office (305) 224 - 4282
Fax     (305) 224 - 4147

             Stephen Eglen
             <S.J.Eglen at damtp.
             cam.ac.uk>                                                 To
             Sent by:                  Steve_Friedman at nps.gov
             sje30 at damtp.cam.a                                          cc
             c.uk                      ess-help at stat.math.ethz.ch
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [ESS] Configuring up and down
             04/09/2009 02:10          arrow keys
             PM CET

Steve_Friedman at nps.gov wrote:

> I have just started using ESS with R.  I'm running this from a Windows
> machine via Exceed (X Terminal) to a Redhat installation of R 2.8.1
>
> I would like to know if I can configure the up / down arrow keys to work
so
> that I can use them to scroll to earlier issued commands in R.
>
> If anyone can provide a suggestion I would appreciate the assistance.

hi Steve, hit Ctrl key at the same time as the arrow keys and you should
get what you want.

Stephen