[ESS] ESS 5.3.9 release -- withdrawn ! --

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Tue Nov 25 15:17:35 CET 2008

I'm very sorry, quite embarrassed and a bit frustrated
to have to announce that I must withdraw the release of ESS 5.3.9,
since I've detected a bug introduced into ess-noweb.el ca two
weeks ago.
It breaks important parts of "Rnw-mode" at least on a standard
Emacs 22.2 platform.
Mostly embarrassing is the fact that no one within ESS-core has
detected the bug in due time.

The current plan is to replace 5.3.9 by 5.3.10 within very few
days, maybe even just hours.

Martin Maechler