[ESS] Font problem (Apostrophes, CR, LF)

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at iism.uni-karlsruhe.de
Tue May 6 15:20:45 CEST 2008

Dear all,

I am having some trouble with displaying certain characters like
apostrophes in the Emacs while running R.

For example, the output of the significant codes of the summary of a
linear model lm() looks something like:
---
Signif. codes:  0 â\200\230***â\200\231 0.001 â\200\230**â\200\231
---
The rest of the output is ok.

Currently I use Linux OpenSuse 10.3, ESS 5.3.7, and GNU Emacs 22.1.1, but
have seen this type of problem with previous versions before.

In general, I do not have any font problems with LineFeeds,
CarriageReturns or apostrophes in other types of Emacs buffers, this only
occurs in the ESS-R buffer.

Thanks for your time,

         Andreas