[ESS] Problem with ess tab-completion when max.print option is set too low

Stephen Eglen S.J.Eglen at damtp.cam.ac.uk
Tue Mar 11 00:37:47 CET 2008

 > Not sure if this is on point, but I have the following in my .emacs,
 > that I got from Deepayan Sarkar (needs to be slightly modified now that
 > utils swallowed rcompgen if you are using R-2.7.0):

thanks for this;  does that mean that the previous defun for
alt-ess-complete-object-name (distributed in rcompgen package) will
not work in R 2.7.0?  If so, that's a little bit more work, to use the
right defun depending on the version of R.  All doable I think, just
more effort, e.g. to get Emacs to know which version of R is running
within an *R* buffer.  As people like Martin still run multiple
versions of R-x.y.z witin ESS, we'd want to keep this flexibility!

Stephen