[ESS] crtl cc on a short function

markleeds at verizon.net markleeds at verizon.net
Fri Jun 20 03:06:02 CEST 2008

When I use control cc on a function such as below,

mindiff <- function(df) df[which.min(df$diff), ]

only the

mindiff <- function(df) df

part gets recognized by R so the function does nothing.

But, if  I put squiggly brackets around the same function , as in

mindiff <- function(df) { df[which.min(df$diff), ] }

then everything works fine. If this not something that can be fixed by
setting ESS options, then that's okay and I'll always put the squiggly
brackets. But, if it can be fixed and someone knows what to put in my
init.el, that would be great. thanks.