[ESS] Different "settings" for emacs dependent on in which directory I start?

Rainer M Krug r.m.krug at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 09:46:26 CEST 2008

Hi

I know this is not strictly ESS, but I am using ESS and ECB in emacs
to program usiong R.

I was using SuSE 10.2, and emacs remembered the settings and files
open on a per directory basis, i.e. depending on the directory from
which I started emacs, it re-opend the files were open when I quit
emacs the last time in this directory and started ecb when it was on
before.

Now I switched to Xubuntu 8.04, and I don't get this to work.

Any ideas on how I can make it work again?

Also, I had a menu entry "start ecb" which I don't have in Xubuntu and
I have to use ALT-x ecb-activate to start ecb. How can I get this
entry back?

Thanks a lot,

Rainer

Biology, UCT), Dipl. Phys. (Germany)