[ESS] font-lock problems with sweave

David Whiting david.whiting at ncl.ac.uk
Tue Jul 29 12:17:10 CEST 2008

Hi,

I'm getting font-lock problems with sweave documents where some R code
is causing the subsequent latex chunks to all appear in the same font
(no highlighting). It seems to be to do with the number of times the
dollar sign appears. An odd number of occurances in the R code chunk
and all subsequent latex chunks are not highlighted; an even number of
occurances and the subsequent latex chunks are fine.

I am not sure what I might have done to cause this. Im using the
latest ESS from subversion. Emacs 21.4.1 (ubuntu dapper and ubuntu
hardy). I'm also using auctex.

I don't really understand font-locking and don't recall
mucking about with it. Any ideas how I can track this down and stamp
on it?

Thanks.

David

--
David Whiting, Ph.D.
Advancing Research in Chronic Disease Epidemiology (ARCHEPI) programme