[ESS] [R-sig-Debian] Process SAS is not running... error on Ubuntu

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sat Jul 12 20:36:52 CEST 2008

On 12 July 2008 at 14:13, Dale Steele wrote:
| Will this avoid the need to make 'ess-sas-sh-command' executable after
| installing package (ie. chmod ugo+rx ess-sas-sh-command)  in order to
| invoke SAS?  Many thanks.  --Dale

It should. I changed the code to

#	rm -f debian/ess/usr/share/ess/etc/ess-sas-sh-command
	chmod 0755 debian/ess/usr/share/ess/etc/ess-sas-sh-command

so instead of deleting we now keep it and make it executable.

Does your ESS installation actually expect it at

	/usr/share/ess/etc/ess-sas-sh-command

If so, we're set.  Ping me off list if you want to try a new test package
which (given that it contains only .el files and scripts) can be installed on
Ubuntu too.

Cheers, Dirk