[ESS] Not really an ESS question but ...

Douglas Bates bates at stat.wisc.edu
Wed Jul 9 17:48:59 CEST 2008

What is the notation for the delete character for function calls like

(global-set-char "\^h" 'help-for-help)

Our computer support folks decided that using <ctrl>-H for help was
too confusing so they kindly remapped <ctrl>-H and <del> for everyone
who uses our supported computer systems.  Normally that wouldn't
bother me because I work on other computer systems but, because of
other changes, I am forced to do so.  Unless I can remap <ctrl>-H and
<del> to their standard emacs meanings I will need to keep my door
closed because I will be swearing so much :-)