[ESS] take screenshot of active R Graphics window problem (linux)

G. Jay Kerns gkerns at ysu.edu
Fri Jul 4 00:54:52 CEST 2008

Dear Kasper,

> While on this path you might also want to learn that it is different to do
>  plot(1:10)
>  dev.copy2pdf
> compared to doing
>  pdf()
>  plot(1:10)
>  dev.off()
>
> The defaults for the different devices are sometimes slightly different. You
> can also generate postscript, png and svg from the command line.
>
> Kasper

Thanks for pointing that out.   In fact, I have subsequently dug out
my copy of "R Graphics" and have been brushing up on 'Graphical output
devices'.  Good stuff!  :-)

Thanks again, and best regards.
Jay

G. Jay Kerns, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor / Statistics Coordinator
Department of Mathematics & Statistics
Youngstown State University
Youngstown, OH 44555-0002 USA
Office: 1035 Cushwa Hall
Phone: (330) 941-3310 Office (voice mail)
-3302 Department
-3170 FAX
E-mail: gkerns at ysu.edu
http://www.cc.ysu.edu/~gjkerns/