[ESS] stata 10

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at mcw.edu
Tue Jul 1 22:41:11 CEST 2008

A.J. Rossini wrote:
> M-x stata   ought to bring up a command-line terminal window.   But
> there is close to 10 years of bit-rot; I can see if I can help through
> most of the issues, though.
>
> And on that note, I'm off to Spain for a week holiday.
>
> (it was supposed to be 2 weeks, but my wife had emergency surgery last
> week, and life has been chaotic to say the least).

Ouch!  Hope she is feeling better soon.  Have a nice holiday!

If anyone else cares about stata...  It seems to work out-of-the-box (no
changes to ESS needed).  However, the scrolling is horrible.  The first
page
of info comes out fine.  Then, you get a --more--.  However, hitting return
only gives you one more line!  So, just hold it down.  It wants you to hit
the space bar to get another whole page, but the space bar just gives you a
space.  And, there is some
backspace garbage coming to the buffer.  Did I say it works?  I mean
it should work, but you'll have to change some settings or something.
Maybe somebody who actually knows stata should give it a try since
there may be stata settings involved too.  When I get a project that
requires stata, I'll investigate more myself...
Stata is now officially supported :o)

--
Rodney Sparapani      Center for Patient Care & Outcomes Research (PCOR)
Sr. Biostatistician              Department of Medicine