[ESS] help fails for functions with more than one option

Manuel Morales mmorales at williams.edu
Thu Jan 24 15:33:28 CET 2008

I have the package seewave installed and it has a function spec that is also in
the package stats. Using R from the command line, I get the following result
after typing in ?spec:

?spec
Help on topic 'spec' was found in the following packages:

  Package               Library
  seewave               /usr/local/lib64/R/library
  stats                 /usr/local/lib64/R/library

Choose one

1: Frequency spectrum of a time wave {seewave}
2: Spectral Density Estimation {stats}

Trying the same in emacs results in a hang.

I am using emacs-5.3.6 on with the cvs version of xft-emacs.

Thanks!

Manuel