[ESS] File mode specification error

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at mcw.edu
Wed Jan 16 23:26:05 CET 2008

Balaji Srinivasan wrote:
>>     TobiasV> On the other hand, when using emacs22 -nw, the
>>     TobiasV> following error is displayed on opening the same
>>     TobiasV> file:
>>
>>     TobiasV> File mode specification error:
>>     (void-function noweb-font-lock-mode)
>
> Hi,
>
> Is there any fix or workaround for this yet (beyond using emacs21, that is)? A
> lot of people will start encountering this now that the default emacs on
> OS X is 22.1.1.
>
> --B

You mean the default command line version of emacs, right?  I have never
seen anyone use that for very long.  There are much better Aqua (Cocoa
and Carbon) versions of emacs out there.  I like the following 2 ports

Emacs.app (Cocoa) at
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=148174
which includes very little

Aquamacs (Carbon) at
http://aquamacs.org/
which includes ESS, AucTeX and much more

Rodney