[ESS] Replace control characters in log

Richard M. Heiberger rmh at temple.edu
Tue Jan 15 17:52:04 CET 2008

Will,

The question is how did you get the ^M to be displayed.  Normally, if you
just
open a .log file, from windows explorer for example, emacs will detect the
^M and open the file in DOS line endings mode (with a "\" in the third
position of
the mode line).  Somehow you opened it in Unix mode with "(Unix)" beginning
in
the third position of the model line.

Please reply to the list (not to me) and tell us exactly, keystroke by
keystroke,
how you opened the file.

Rich