[ESS] is it possible to change the history keys

markleeds at verizon.net markleeds at verizon.net
Fri Jan 4 21:41:29 CET 2008

I just started using ESS ( thanks to Sundar and Spencer for helping me to get started ) and it's really great but I just had a question about the history keys.

I have zero understanding of lisp but is it possible
to put code in my init.el file so that my history
keys are the up and and down arrow keys rather than
esc p and esc n ? I have always had the history keys
as the arrow keys and I'm finding it difficult to lose that habit so I was hoping to trick ESS so that my brain doesn't have to be reprogrammed. Thanks.