[ESS] toggle between R versions

Mark W Kimpel mwkimpel at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 05:10:44 CET 2008

I have both R-2.6.1 and R-devel installed on Ubuntu Gutsy, each with
their own site-library, although currently I go into .Rprofile to
manually change with site-library will be loaded. When starting R from
within ESS-Emacs, I would like to be able to instruct which version I
want to use. Is this possible? For this to work, I would also need
.Rprofile to detect the version of R and use the appropriate site-library.

Can all or any of this be done?

Thanks,

Mark W. Kimpel MD  ** Neuroinformatics ** Dept. of Psychiatry
Indiana University School of Medicine

15032 Hunter Court, Westfield, IN  46074

(317) 490-5129 Work, & Mobile & VoiceMail
(317) 204-4202 Home (no voice mail please)

mwkimpel<at>gmail<dot>com