[ESS] REDO: iESS SAS--auto clear .log and .lst files before submitting code

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at mcw.edu
Tue Dec 16 19:50:10 CET 2008

Main, Regan wrote:

>> Hi Regan:
>>
>> Just to be clear.
>>
>> 1) is this proposal similar to ...
>> dm 'clear log';
>> dm 'clear listing';
>> and then execute?
>>

> I was not familiar with dm in interactive SAS, but I just tried it and I
> think that is it exactly.  I have my F12 key defined in PC SAS with:
> 	output;clear;log;clear; gsubmit buffer=default
>

>> 2) I guess this would require changing the names of the buffers.  I
>>
> need
>
>> to think about this carefully, but it sounds possible and plausible
>> suggestion.
>>

> Great--thanks for considering this one!

I think this could be done. You can change the names of the *SAS.log*
to *SAS*.log and *SAS.lst* to *SAS*.lst quite easily by changing these
in essd-sas.el However, changing the name of *SAS* accordingly to
*SAS*.sas is not so easy. It requires numerous changes to essl-sas.el
and (apparently), I couldn't find them all. If this was done, then
changing buffers would be as easy a key-press if you have
(ess-sas-global-unix-keys) or (ess-sas-global-pc-keys), or if you had
assigned keys to switch-to-sas-source, etc. Unfortunately,
that is not the case so maybe another avenue is better. Anybody else
have an idea how to do this or how to default *SAS* to *SAS*.sas?

--
Rodney Sparapani      Center for Patient Care & Outcomes Research (PCOR)
Sr. Biostatistician              http://www.mcw.edu/pcor