[ESS] Using anything.el for R help / object browsing

Rainer M Krug r.m.krug at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 17:42:48 CET 2008

On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 5:06 AM, Short, Tom <TShort at epri.com> wrote:
> I added another anything source for local R objects at:
>
> http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/AnythingSources#toc38
>
> In the anything list, it shows a list of the R objects in your workspace
> along with a few details (using ls.str). The default action is str, with
> summary, head, tail, print, and dput also available.
>
> I thought about trying to add details to the larger list that looks
> through the whole searchpath. It might be some work as it would require
> caching for performance.

That sounds all really fascinating and I would love to try it, but
emacs is still (after more then two years) still a mystery, especially
how to deal with installing these add-ons.

Therefore my question: would it be possible to draw up an easy to
follow HowTo which describes the process on hot to install "anything"
and how to activate it?

In anticipation,

Rainer