[ESS] ess beginner issue: evaluate line/region commands

LeCzar sirnixu at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 12:31:21 CET 2008

Hi all,
I am trying to use ess together with R, but I am used to simple commands for
running a line (or region) from the script. The C-c M-j command seems
inconvenient to me regarding two things:
1) I need to press four keys, while I was used (and like the efficiency) to
two keys in Rkward and R under Windows. Anyone got a solution for that?
2) The cursor jumps out of the script after executing the command, but I
want it to stay in the script. I haven't found another command satisfying
that. Is there, or how can I change that?
Also, is it possible to mark parts of the script by keyboard (common mark-up
commands Shift+cursor keys doesn work), for example for copying/pasting
regions within the script?

Greez!