[ESS] I can not use install.packages

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Thu Aug 7 15:08:07 CEST 2008

Adding the CRAN repository to .Rprofile works great unless you do
something that overwrites the options list (like using setRepositories()
to get e.g., BioC or OmegaHat stuff).

Manually loading the tcltk package first will for whatever reason fix
the problem for that session, even though on Windows (unlike Linux)
Tcl/Tk isn't used to create the selection window.

Best,

Jim