[ESS] Spam on ESS-help -> non-member postings now moderated

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Wed Apr 23 09:14:39 CEST 2008

Dear ESS-help subscribers,

as you may have noticed, the spammer mafia and their programmers
have made progress again and are getting through our anti-spam
filters here.

So I've also (as R-help) changed ESS-help such that all postings
of non-subscribers are moderated, i.e.,  "held for moderator
approval".

And yes, as for R-help (though much less urgently),
I'm looking for a few volunteer co-moderators.
(Please reply only to me, not the list, if you *are* volunteering.)

Martin Maechler, ETH Zurich