[ESS] ess-remote

Jurgen Sidgman sidgmanj1 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Wed Apr 23 03:49:12 CEST 2008

Hi,

I just began using ess in combination with SAS. The program works great
locally. However, my interest is in running SAS on a remote server with local
files. So, following the instructions on the ess website I got ssh.el
running. I started SAS as indicated. I fired up ess-remote. So all perfectly
working.

The problem, I send sections (C-c C-r) or anything else of my local sas
program to the remote process and I get the following message:

Wrong type argument: stringp, nil

I have read on internet that the problem occurs with other programs but I
preferred to look for help hear before I screw anything (since everything
seems to be working). Probably it is just a dumb thing what is going on.

The second problem I see is that submitting with C-c i, when I get to the
INFILE line and then I run the statements before RUN, the evaluation says
that it has 3 variables (correct) but zero observations (my data file is
local as it is my sas file...I an trying to send them to the remote server).
However, if I scp everything to the server, they run like a charm.

Thanks  in advance to anyone able and willing to help me!!

jurgen