[ESS] File Name Completion

Ronaldo Reis Junior chrysopa at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 12:54:45 CEST 2007

Em Qua 03 Out 2007, James W. MacDonald escreveu:
> This question was asked by me and answered by Deepayan Sarkar in July of
> this year - a thread in which you took part, but you must have missed
> the answer...
>
> https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/ess-help/2007-July/004195.html
>
> Best,
>
> Jim
>
> Ronaldo Reis Junior wrote:
> > Hi,
> > sorry by this recursive message. But, I dont find my solution yet.
> >
> > In my Emacs+ESS, file name completions work, but it put all path in my
> > code, like this:
> >
> > scan("test[TAB]")
> >
> > is completed in this way:
> >
> > scan("/home/ronaldo/R/test.R")
> >
> > but I working in this directory, also it is more beautiful to put only
> > "test.R" without the complete pathname.
> >
> > Somethink like this:
> >
> > scan("test[TAB]")
> >
> > is completed in this way:
> >
> > scan("test.R")
> >
> > because it is on my working directory.
> >
> > How to configure this in emacs+ESS
> >
> > Thanks
> > Ronaldo

Jim,

Thanks, I try this solution, but I use Linux, this function (rcompgen) is
disabled by default on *NIX.

I think that ESS make this because on XEmacs the completion's behaviour is
that. I dont know if the file name completion (not the object or function
completion) is a ESS feature or a Emacs feature. I try to find on all emacs
configuration how to change the file name completion's behaviour but without
success.

Any idea are welcome.

Inte
Ronaldo