[ESS] Avoid ssh from catching C-c C-c with ess-remote?

Ross Boylan ross at biostat.ucsf.edu
Fri Mar 9 22:41:10 CET 2007

On Fri, 2007-03-09 at 13:21 -0800, Seth Falcon wrote:
> Recently, I have been using M-x ssh to get a remote terminal, starting
> R, and then using M-x ess-remote to interact with this remote R using
> local ESS.
>
> However, if I enter C-c C-c to interrupt R, the ssh process receives
> the signal and exits (killing both R and the ssh session in the
> process).
>
> I've now pulled the plug on myself twice and need to find a
> workaround.  Any suggestions?  The same thing happens if I start a
> shell using M-x shell and then ssh on the command line.
>
> Thanks,
>
> + seth

Maybe open a second ssh session, find the PID of the R process, and send
it a signal (SIGINT?)?

ssh says that ~B sends a break if the protocols support it; I'm not sure
if that's what you want, but it might be worth trying.

With luck, someone else will have a better idea, but one of these might
do some good.
--
Ross Boylan                                      wk:  (415) 514-8146
185 Berry St #5700                               ross at biostat.ucsf.edu
Dept of Epidemiology and Biostatistics           fax: (415) 514-8150
University of California, San Francisco
San Francisco, CA 94107-1739                     hm:  (415) 550-1062