[ESS] Anyone need support for Emacs 20?

A.J. Rossini blindglobe at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 19:57:43 CEST 2007

On 6/27/07, Leo <sdl.web at gmail.com> wrote:
> ----- Stephen Eglen (2007-06-27) wrote:-----
>
> > Is anyone still using Emacs 20 (rather than Emacs 21 or 22)
> > with ESS?  Now that Emacs 22 is out, it might be time to drop
> > explicit support for Emacs 20 (I no longer have it installed,
> > for example).
> >

> > Stephen
>
> I assume that Emacs 20 is more than 10 years old. Is there any value of
> keeping such compatibility?

Emacs is simply amazing, isn't it.  Only in the last few years did we
drop support for Emacs 19... (BTW, a bit of arcane trivia -- last I
tried in 2005, I couldn't get the Emacs 19 series to compile with a
modern LInux distribution...).

best,
-tony

blindglobe at gmail.com
Muttenz, Switzerland.
"Commit early,commit often, and commit in a repository from which we
can easily roll-back your mistakes" (AJR, 4Jan05).