[ESS] hide function bodies

A.J. Rossini blindglobe at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 10:57:47 CEST 2007

Yes, but the functionality it (ESS) currently supports within ECB is primitive.

( I know, I wrote it).

I was hoping to fix it up, similar to Sven's work, but then I became a
pointy-headed boss.

I've taken a stab at code-folding in the past, using folding-mode
and/or corrupting allout  (the "better" outline mode a few years ago),
but they looked ugly, in the sense of needing to hint appropriately
how to fold (I couldn't figure out the right incantation so to do
without).  One could argue that anything within braces, i.e.

is fair game, but there are a few edge cases to work out there.