[ESS] hide function bodies

Stephen Eglen S.J.Eglen at damtp.cam.ac.uk
Thu Jun 21 17:09:18 CEST 2007

Sven Hartenstein writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 > is there any Emacs or ESS feature allowing for automatic hiding of
 > function bodies (similar to "outlining" maybe)?
 >
 > If I have a R file with multiple R functions it would be cool being
 > able to get a quick overview of all functions, say, like this:

Dear Sven,

Not exactly what you want, but this might be close, and generalises:

Try

M-x occur RET <- function RET and you'll get a new *Occur* buffer
showing all matching lines to that regexp.  But if you then click on
any line in that buffer, you will go to the corresponding line of the
file.

Stephen