[ESS] How to improve ESS syntax high-lighting and shortcuts

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at mcw.edu
Wed Jun 20 19:45:51 CEST 2007

Richard M. Heiberger wrote:
> This is the comment.dwim from newcomment.el in GNU Emacs.
> Does it work on Xemacs?  If so, you can bind it to the M-; key.

If you check the archives (ess-help or ess-bugs?), you will see
that this has been discussed before.  comment-dwim is an Emacs
function that is not a part of stable XEmacs, but
you can try the latest beta, 21.5.28; don't bother trying
the Emacs version as it won't work.  So, that means
XEmacs users, most likely, have never heard of it.  I gave it a
whirl and it does appear to work, but it seems to have trouble
with multiple comment symbols.

Rodney